Governor Evers has announced that non-essential businesses in Wisconsin must close due to Coronavirus (#ShelterInPlace) starting 3/25/2020 now. The details are still coming out (watch here for updates) but if your Madison, WI is still open (even virtually), please leave a comment below.
We’ll moderate the comments to make sure those businesses are in the Madison, WI area. Please leave a website URL to help direct people to your website.
Let’s all work together and get through this!
Related News Stories (latest first):
- Safer at Home: Here is a list of essential businesses (nbc15.com)
- What we know so far about Wisconsin Gov. Evers’ stay-at-home order and what it means (jsonline.com)
- LIST: Events, businesses affected by coronavirus pandemic (channel3000.com)
- Gov. Tony Evers to order Wisconsinites to stay at home, will close non-essential businesses (jsonline.com)
- Tony Evers to order nonessential businesses to close statewide in response to COVID-19 (madison.com)
Grocery stores and restaurants (take out and drive through) are still open. Some manufacturers are still open. You can leave your home to walk.
Here are businesses allowed to operate under the ‘Safer at Home’ order (nbc15.com):
- Health care operations, including home health workers
- Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or otherwise vulnerable individuals
- Fresh and non-perishable food retailers, including convenience stores, grocery stores, farmers’ markets, and food banks
- Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food and goods directly to residences
- Pharmacies, health care supply stores and health care facilities
- Child care facilities, with some limitations
- Gas stations and auto repair facilities
- Laundry businesses, dry cleaners and services necessary for maintaining the safety, sanitation and essential operation of a residence, including garbage collection
- Hardware stores, plumbers, and electricians
- Educational institutions, for the purposes of facilitating distance learning;
- Roles required for any business to maintain minimum basic operations, which includes security, and payroll
- Law and safety, and essential government functions will continue under the recommended action.
More open Businesses – see comments below.