If you own a business, chances are you have a website. For many small businesses, having an online presence is the equivalent of having a storefront in the physical world. However, while all websites serve the same purpose—to drive traffic to your business and convince people to buy from you—it’s worth asking yourself if your current website is doing its job properly.
- Are customers able to find your website when they search for products like yours?
- Is it easy for them to navigate around once they’re there?
- Is it fast loading?
These questions will help gauge how well your site is performing and whether or not it needs updating or even redone altogether.
Your current website is not mobile friendly
If you have a responsive website, this may not be an issue for you. But even if your site is designed to work across all devices and screen sizes, there are still some things to look out for.
One of the most common reasons for redesigning a website is simply because the design hasn’t been updated in a while or has become outdated. If your site looks dated or doesn’t reflect the brand of your business, then it might be time to consider making changes. A redesign can also improve user navigation and usability by adding new features and functionality that weren’t available before (like video).
You are not generating web traffic
You should be generating web traffic. If you are not, it’s time to start looking at ways to increase your web traffic. Why do you need web traffic? To make money!
How do I get more web traffic? There are several ways to generate more traffic to your website including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) – The most common way of getting people to visit a website is through search engines such as Google or Bing. SEO helps optimize your posts so that when someone searches for keywords related to what you offer they will find them on your page.
- Social media marketing – Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram allow users to share content with friends and followers allowing it spread quickly across the internet faster than any other type of marketing strategy available today!
What if my business already has issues generating enough sales leads?
Your current website is hard to navigate
A website’s navigation is critical to usability. Your users want to find what they are looking for quickly and easily, so it should be obvious where the menus and links are located on your site. You should also ensure that these navigational elements are intuitive for new visitors, who may not know all of your site’s nuances yet. Good navigation makes a website easy to use; bad navigation can make a website hard to use (and can even cause visitor frustration).
Your current website is slow to load
If your website is slow to load, it’s time for a redesign. A slow loading time can be caused by a variety of factors:
- Your web hosting company may not be offering the right level of server processing power or bandwidth to support your website’s traffic demands. It could also mean that they’re using an older system architecture (like CGI) that doesn’t scale well in modern environments.
- The code behind your site may be too complicated and therefore not optimized for speed. If this is the case, you’ll need to review how efficient its layout and design is before making any changes in order to improve performance as much as possible while also keeping users engaged with what they see on screen at all times during each visit (which should always be less than three seconds).
Your website is difficult to update or manage
As your business grows, it is important to have a website that is easy to edit. If you must hire someone else or pay an agency to make changes and updates on your site, then it’s not worth it.
A good website will be built with a CMS (content management system) that allows users to make changes themselves without having to hire outside help or paying an agency. In addition, the page should look professional when viewed on mobile devices like smart phones and tablets as many people now use these types of devices while browsing the Internet.
without a good website, you are hurting your chances of getting more customers.
Website redesigns are one of the most important investments you can make. If you have a bad website, it will cost you money and business—and it may even cause your site to be de-indexed from Google and other search engines. However, if your site is a good one, then you’re already ahead of the competition—and there’s no telling how much more success could be in store for you as a result! So what makes a good website?
A good website has all its content relevant to the needs of its audience and clearly presented on each page. It also has appropriate links between pages that help visitors find what they need quickly while keeping them engaged with the site’s content throughout their visit. A great example would be Amazon: look at how well organized everything is! There are clear calls to action on every page along with plenty of white space which gives users plenty of room so nothing gets crowded together too much (even though there’s still quite a bit going on).
It is important to have a website that is up-to-date and easy to navigate. It should also be mobile friendly, responsive, and fast loading. Making sure your online presence is the best it can be will help you get more customers and grow your business.
Contact Webstix to find out more about getting your website redesigned the right way.